Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Brown Butter Rice Krispy Treats


I was really dying for some Rice Krispy treats this week.

DYING!

So, I made them.

And they're so easy to make.

You just melt butter and marshmallows together in a pot, mix in the cereal, press it into a pan, and voila! Krispy Treats.


If you wanted to, you could even make them in the microwave...but that's not as cool.

This time around I made brown butter treats with sea salt mixed in. I found the recipe on SmittenKitchen and thought I should give it a try.
Look how gooey!!


To be honest, they didn't taste that differently from your traditional treats. I added extra marshmallows to make them gooeier, and I thought that was the better addition than the brown butter and sea salt.

Just sayin'.


I also added melted milk and white chocolate drizzle on top of some. Yea. Those were my favorites. :)


I could honestly eat the whole pan. But since that wouldn't be wise, I'm taking most of them to work for my colleagues.

Let other people get fatter.

Yea. I'm nice like that.  :)

2 comments:

  1. So yeah these good lookin krispy treats are worth a taste test and they are shippable lol so send me some!!

    ReplyDelete