This weekend was simple, fun, and easy with the sun shining and friends helping to make it enjoyable.
It helps that I happened to be off today (Monday) so that was a double treat.
|Crushed Oreos and Thin Mints|
You know what else is simple and easy? Oreo Truffles!
Oreos mixed with cream cheese and then dipped in chocolate? Yea, I’m all over that.
I first learned of this treat from my college friend Shana-Banana. She mentioned it on her Facebook a long time ago and I just had to try them. So I did--and I love 'em.
I decided to make a quick batch to have on hand for a friend who was visiting, and I’m glad I did! They came out great, especially since I also threw in half a sleeve of Thin Mints in the mix from my gluttonous supply of Girl Scout cookies that I ordered.
|White chocolate bath.|
Long story short, if you want a quick, simple, tasty and easy treat, make Oreo Truffles!
I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day off. :)
Adapted from everywhere and anywhere all over the internet.
- 1 sleeve of Oreo Cookies
- 4oz. Cream Cheese
- 8oz of white chocolate--(you can use more or less--depends on your preference)
- 1/2 a sleeve of Thin Mints (or you can use mint extract or other mint cookies)
2. Mix in softened cream cheese and the mix should feel gooey and doughy in your hands.
3. Form the dough into balls and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick it in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
4. Melt white chocolate or candy melts and dip the oreo truffles in chocolate using a spoon. Shake off the excess chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
5. Once they are all dipped, place the sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to let the chocolate set and then-- Enjoy!