Monday, April 18, 2011

Fried Oreos


Little hugs from Jesus—that’s what Deep Fried Oreos are.

A warm and softened Oreo cookie nestled inside fried batter is one of my FAVORITE desserts.

This weekend I had the strongest urge for this summer time staple (to me) after I flipped through some old college photos of my friend Kourtney and I hanging out at the Jersey Shore.

Kourt and I upside down. ;)
Kourt and I right side up. :)

I’m happy to say that I conquered the craving and made some this weekend!

I love fried Oreos!

I actually like them even better when they are paired with a raspberry lemon puree---yes, raspberry lemon puree. Trust me.




The first time I had this combo was when some friends and I randomly visited the Chip Shop in Brooklyn, NY .   

Since the owner fries EVERYTHING there, I figured I would bring a couple of Oreos with me and let him do his thing.

Well, he fried up my Oreos, but then gave my friends and I some raspberry puree  to dip them in and they were h-e-a-v-e-n-l-y.

Something about the raspberry and chocolate combo made them delicious, and so I of course made some to go with the fried Oreos I made this weekend.



Both items are super easy to make and it seriously took me about 20 minutes from start to finish to make both of them.


If you're not too grossed out yet about the thought of eating fried cookies, give these babies a try!
L-O-V-E


Recipes-

Fried Oreos from Food.com (I halved the recipe) 
  • 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk
  • 3 teaspoons of oil
  • Vegetable oil for frying

  1. Blend Bisquick, eggs, milk, and 3 tsp oil until smooth.
  2. Preheat your deep fryer to about 375°F (use a thermometer if you wish to deep fry in a pan).
  3. Dip the cookies in the batter mixture until totally covered and then place in the hot oil.
  4. Keep checking and turn over the cookie when bottom side of Oreo is brown.
  5. Keep a close watch because it only takes a short time to brown.
  6. Remove cookies and eat warm.

Raspberry Lemon Puree
  • About 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries 
  •  2 tablespoons of sugar (add more or less depending on taste)
  •  1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice 

    1. Pulse frozen raspberries in a food processor blender until fine.
    2. Transfer it to a saucepan and simmer on low for about 2 to 3 minutes
         until it starts looking like liquid
    3. Remove from the saucepan and strain the mixture in a bowl
        to remove all seeds
    4. Once all seeds are removed add the lemon and sugar and refrigerate
         until cold.

14 comments:

  1. there are very few things that do not taste good fried...and i am sure that oreos do not fit into that category. cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. I would actually consider running to get a deep fried Oreo. And I don't run. Ever. These look so, so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I haven't had deep fried Oreos yet, but I have seen them on television. That sauce actually looks really good! I haven't deep fried anything nor have I made any purees. Did you use a regular strainer or a cheesecloth to make the raspberry lemon? Keep the sweets coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't create everything I make either. Some things I do now, I found that after baking frequently over a few years I have been able to create my own recipes and I once wondered how people were able to do that! It takes time. Also, I see nothing wrong with using recipes....there are some darn good ones out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me? Wow! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MySweetCreations--I just used a regular strainer! Super easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay that is right up my alley! Wow is all I can say! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super WOW!!! I want them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look sinful in the best way possible. I want one, noww.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo my mouth is watering!!! Never thought to deep fry an oreo!
    I am hosting a linky party at my blog called A Themed Baker's Sunday! Where the theme is LEMONS!!! I would love it if you joined and linked up a new lemon recipe or an older post of one! I'm uber excited to see what you have in store!!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/themed-bakers-sunday-2.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fried Oreo's?! I've never heard of such a thing. That sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete