Friday, March 18, 2011

First Place St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes!

Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting--Homemade Sugar Candy Crystal on top


Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting

Cupcake decorating/best tasting competition at work for St. Patrick's Day.

Didn't think many people would  enter  and I would be the only fool with cupcakes---I was wrong. Many many submissions.

Some were really pretty---others, not so much.

Some tasted good---most, not so much. Just sayin'...

Didn't think I would win because as the judging was going on most people seemed to be raving about all the cupcakes that were made using boxed  mixes. I honestly think majority of people like the taste of those more because it's what everybody grows up with.

That's cool.

I sat around the conference room joking with some of my colleagues, went back to  my desk to get some work done, walked back  to the conference room because I realized I forgot my favorite pen, and everybody started clapping and saying congratulations.

I did win!

It was kind of exciting.

Wasn't going to put these cupcakes up because I already have similar recipes here, but since they DID win (cupcake carrier caddy was the prize) I decided to put up some pictures.

By some,  I mean the 2 that are at the beginning of this post.

That's all I have.   :)


Recipes:

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes from How Sweet Eats

Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting from Chaos in the Kitchen 

Peanut Butter Frosting from All Recipes


 


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win!!! Sugar art?! If you hadn't won, I would have been forced to come to D.C. and give the judges the "Tina Knowles" glare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so glad you did and I got to come and visit. Love the cupcake but the sugar decor takes it over the top. I have to admit, lots of times I like the box mixes better too, they seem to be more moist. Too many homemade cakes I have tried are super dry. Glad yours was the real deal though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you! You should have won because those look amazing- however, i am always eyeing your oreo truffles to make this weekend. both look delicious! So wish I would have been one of those judges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won! That's fantastic! Congrats. Cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well deserved win. They look wonderful! I've made a whole lot of scratch cupcakes that weren't as good as boxed cake mixes. I just made a really good chocolate one but those look great, too. Will have to try them to compare.

    And thanks for following my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete