These cookies left me speechless.
They are the best cookies I've ever had and if I were to ever open up a shop or something, these would be my signature treat.
I'd make a thousand a day and sell them for $.25 each.
Business men and women, children walking home from school, moms, teachers and everyone and anyone would know that for a mere quarter, they could get the world's greatest cookie.
|Aren't they so adorable all rolled in sugar! :)|
Jihane's lemon crinkle cookies. :o)
**I got a new commenting system. I like it, but I hate how commenters pictures don't show up unless they have a gravatar. So, if you want a Gravatar, go here and upload a picture. It will be used on ALL sites that you comment on!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies--Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- ½ cups Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest (I used 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice (I used 1.5--next time, 2)
- 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ cups Powdered Sugar
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients (except powdered sugar) slowly until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
3. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
4.Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottom of cookies begin to barely brown and cookies have a matte finish (not melty or shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.