Monday, October 25, 2010

Fudgy Brownies with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting



So decadent!

My little brother loves brownies. 

Brownies with Twix bars baked in, brownies with Heath bars, brownies with plain chocolate.

He loves them all, and I always get suckered into making a batch for him whenever I’m visiting Miami.


I was missing his cute little face this week, so I decided that I’d make brownies in his honor.

Oh, by the way---my “little” brother is 22 years old.

I just thought I should mention it. People tend to get mad at me when they either meet or see a picture of him.

They expect to see an adorable 6 year old with untied shoelaces dangling his feet from a chair while playing a Game Boy.

But, no. He’s a grown man.

I just don’t see it yet. He will forever be my little brother. But, I digress.
Ahh. That shiny crunchy top is the BEST part of a brownie.

Anyways, he loves brownies. So, I made them this week using the recipe from the back of the King Arthur flour bag.

Wanna know a secret?

Although these brownies were all kinds of yummy, chocolaty, and fudgy, I ALWAYS prefer a brownie box mix to those prepared from scratch.

Yea.

I just think they taste as good and are less fuss than measuring flour and butter. Perhaps I’m a sellout? 

Whatever.

So, these are the brownies I made in honor of my little brother. I added my FAVORITE peanut butter frosting to them, and that only made it taste that much better.  =)
Glass of milk and an episode of "Mad Men" goes perfect with these.


**Brownie recipe HERE 
**Peanut Butter Frosting recipe from Food Network HERE

7 comments:

  1. YUM! I don't really mind brownies from a box either but I like all the variations you cane make when it's done from scratch. Isn't it funny? We have the same birthday AND I too have a little brother who's 22. And he'll always be my little brother. His friends say that they never think of him as a "little" anything until they see how we interact. Then it's painfully obvious that he's the younger one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially love you for this. AMAZING.

    Thanks for following my blog too!

    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog! I can't wait to try these and other recipes posted on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I died and went to heaven. Chocolate and peanut butter a truly perfect pair of flavors. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this look very good. i love anything with chocolate and peanut butter. thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely going to try that whipped peanut butter frosting on my next batch of brownies!

    ReplyDelete