Ice-cream is something that is always at my place. A-L-W-A-Y-S.
Besides there always being ice-cream, there is also ALWAYS different kinds in my freezer.
My indecisiveness gets the best of me when I stare at all the different selections at the grocery store.
"Maybe I'll just get vanilla this week, " I tell myself. "No, but there's chocolate gelato over there and snickers too. Ooo, just kidding, I want dulce de leche!"
Every couple of weeks that's the conversation that takes place between me and the ice-cream aisle and then pretty soon this happens:
|I'm not that bad--you do see the bag of broccoli right?--|
I really do try to be a good and responsible grownup, but sometimes I just can't help it. :/
Since I had all of this ice cream and it was UBER hot this past week, I figured I could make a fun ice-cream dessert. That's when ice cream tempura popped into my mind.
I love tempura'd ice-cream. I mean, it's fried ice-cream!
I typically have it when I eat sushi and they usually use green tea ice cream so that's what I did.
While you can definitely make your own green tea ice-cream and I plan on doing so in the very near future, Haagen Daz's Green Tea flavor is pure awesomeness so I used that.
My mom and I devoured it within seconds. :) Try it!
Green Tea Fried Ice Cream
- 2 scoops of green tea ice-cream (or any other ice-cream flavor)
- 4 slices of thinly sliced pound cake
- 12 oz flour
- 6 oz water
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Plastic wrap
1. Place a sheet of plastic on a flat surface and place the 4 slices of pound cake on top making 2 rows of 2 cakes.
2. Place the ice-cream scoops horizontally across the cake and then roll the entire thing tightly along with the plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. While freezing and before frying, mix the flour, water and egg in a bowl.
4. When ready to fry, dredge the ice-cream/cake mixture in an ounce of flour or until coated and then dip in tempura batter.
5. Drop it in hot oil for about 20 seconds or until light brown and serve immediately with whipped cream or fruit or toppings of choice.
A Well Seasoned Life
Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Mangoes and Chutney